Toft Group Executive Search is looking for Executive Search Consultants (ESC) to work in our San Francisco office. An Executive Search Consultant is responsible for full life-cycle search execution, from generating the initial research, to ongoing candidate development, through final candidate selection and offer negotiations. ESCs support the Search Leader, who is the primary client interface, with all search related operational support. Consultants are the primary candidate interface, ensuring that candidates feel supported through the entire interview process including but not limited to interview preparation, sharing timely feedback and managing/setting expectations. The ESCs will be responsible for achieving annual goals for recruitment activities as determined by the President and CEO of Toft Group.
The individuals filling this position will be responsible for the following:
- Compile initial target company list and name generation using all available research software and external contracted resources throughout search.
- Ongoing candidate development efforts, including outbound calling and emailing while capturing all information into Invenias database.
- Attend and participate, as necessary, in all client calls throughout the search
- Serve as the primary interface for candidates, ensuring that they are receiving clear and timely information throughout their interview process, including interview preparation, feedback discussions and developing a trusted partnership.
- Prepare candidate submissions/summaries, bi-weekly search reports and create informative email drafts for the Search Leader.
- Continually think critically about the search, summarizing challenges and “landscape view” of search for Search Leader, while proposing how to potentially solve them – be ready to discuss in advance of scheduled client calls as invited.
- Participate in offer guidance discussions, conduct professional references, if requested, and complete quarterly follow up calls with the placed candidate leading up to their one year anniversary and beyond as a Toft Group VIP.
- Develop and maintain your individualized relationship list including all of your placed candidates and impressive contacts that you will personally maintain. Routinely check in to your personal relationship, brand, and to generate BD leads and ideally new searches. Generate leads and participate, either independently or through the BD team, in the new business development process. Our ideal candidate will be active in building their personal brand as a highly experienced search consultant, who will lead searches in the future.
Position Requirements & Experience
- BA/BS degree required, ideally in Life Sciences, Business, or related industry.
- 3-5 years of experience in either executive search or human resources recruiting required.
- Exceptionally strong executive level written and oral communication skills.
- Team player and highly collaborative with peers and colleagues.
- Proven negotiation and project management skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, both internally & externally.
- Flexible, creative, and ability to work in a non-structured developing work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to think “outside the box”, communicate and motivate others on the company’s programs and new ideas.
- Advanced skills in internet search engines, Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with contact management database programs and/or executive search software strongly preferred.