Toft Group is Hiring: Managing Director, San Francisco
Toft Group Executive Search is looking for a Managing Director to work in our San Francisco office. The Managing Director (MD) will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer who manages our San Francisco base of operations. The MD will be responsible for creating and fostering new customer relationships with life science and healthcare high tech customers within northern California, with a focus on the San Francisco bay area, by leveraging the Toft Group’s existing, highly successful executive search services brand and highly differentiated delivery model.
The focus of the role is to generate new customers and executive search revenue for the company. The MD will independently create a unique business development strategy for the target market to secure new accounts and foster/grow business from existing customer within northern California, and opportunistically nationwide.
The MD will give customer presentations, secure search assignments, lead search assignments (in partnership with an experienced recruiter on each assignment), and delegate assignments she/he wins that are not within her/his area of expertise to the appropriate Toft Group team. S/he will strengthen the company’s retained search service, and fill the role of trusted valued partner to s valued customer.
Managing Directors at Toft Group are responsible for originating, executing and nurturing an ongoing book of business in line with the corporate business plan and personal target performance goals. They are responsible for bringing in new local searches and leading those that are aligned with their expertise, while assigning others to the most qualified search teams within Toft Group.
- Develop and execute a market strategy for increasing revenue and market share within northern California, resulting in securing new customers and searches.
- Develop appropriate marketing tactics for the region, in conjunction with the Marketing Director.
- Regularly communicate and build relationships with Toft Group consultants to leverage relationships, share ideas, leads and market intelligence; this may also include giving presentations to colleagues.
- Acquire and continually build on an in-depth knowledge of the industry sectors, companies, and products.
- Map relevant markets and keeping abreast of any changes affecting the marketplace including organization/management changes and capitalizing on any arising opportunities.
- Establish and increase market profile e.g.: compiling, distributing and leveraging from market information, organizing events, attending networking events, maintaining relationships with previously placed candidates and hiring managers.
- Serve as customer account manager, maintaining relationship and communications with customers.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Degree in Life Sciences or Business/Marketing required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of prior sales or business development experience, ideally in within Life Science and Healthcare High Tech executive search firm.
- Superior consultative negotiation skills, with proven success in selling professional services to sophisticated C-level customers.
- Track record of strong revenue generation – the personal goal will be generating service to new accounts within a teamwork model.
- Strong & established network of executive level relationships within Life Science and Healthcare High Tech companies.
- Successful track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with customers and peers within the industry.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing a business development plan that achieves sustainable results.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds.
- Understanding of industry trends and market conditions.
- Industry content knowledge, ideally including pharmaceutical drug development and regulatory approval process a strong plus.